Looking back at 2017
A few figures!
- 2,000 companies are registered on Dawex
- 200 of those companies generate over $1 billion in sales revenue
- + 2,300% more registrations in 1 year
- 23 different activity sectors
- 60 countries
- + 40% per month matching data supply / data demand
- 60% buyers / 40% sellers
Thanks to your input, we continually improve our platform to bring you even more services and a better user experience, always with the same rigorous high standards for data transaction security:
- New design to better highlight companies and their data
- Improved search engine: ranking algorithm, personalized results, advanced search features
- Monetizing IoT data with APIs
- Using blockchain to secure license contracts
- Facilitating the registration and trust process
- Major improvements in the authentication process and KYC validation process (security, privacy, compliance)
- Security: 2FA (Two Factor Authentication: reinforcing account security via two authentication steps, first with a login and password, then with a text/SMS message containing a unique and temporary code)
- Deployment in the United States: payment in dollars, legal adaptations, choice of data center locations, personalized customer experience
We benefited from a great opportunity to participate in major projects with partners such as the European Commission and Bpifrance. A big thank-you to both for their confidence!
Early 2017: Dawex launch in France and the United States
April 2017: launch of Data Pitch, European data accelerator
Spring 2017: join in Business France and Bpifrance's Impact USA accelerator program
Summer 2017: Dawex office opens in San Francisco, with three key goals: be closer to our American clients, drive our marketing forward, and meet our European and Asian clients in an innovation context favorable for exchange and business.
2017 was the occasion for Dawex to establish solid partnerships with companies having complementary profiles:
- Mnubo, is an Internet of Things (IoT) company, providing data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to connected product manufacturers and service providers.
- Sia Partners
- Objenious, subsidiary of Bouygues Telecom specializing in LoRa® wireless IoT technology
Presence in Europe and North America
Throughout 2017, Dawex actively headed out to engage the data ecosystem in Europe and the United States. We led conferences, participated in trade shows, gave pitches... in fact, lots of pitches!
- 2nd "Data Monetization Workshop", February 1, Nashville
- Dawex was selected by Bpifrance and Business France to join the "Impact USA" accelerator program, February 8, Paris
- "UK-France Data Summit 2017", February 23, London, following-up on work by the UK-French Data Taskforce, "Data Driven Growth"
- Big Data Paris, March 7, Paris
- Connected Objects Conference (Bpifrance Hub), March 22, Paris
- French Tech Hub (Smart City Pitch), April 19, San Francisco
- Pitch Force, April 26, San Francisco
- IoT World Pitch, May 16 & 17, Santa Clara
- Startup tour San Francisco, June 5, San Francisco
- Outsell's Data Money Conference, June 6, NYC
- "Workshop on data access and transfer with a focus on APIs and industrial data platforms," organized by the European Commission in Brussels, June 8
- Vivatech, June 15, Paris
- Demo day / Impact USA 2017, June 22, San Francisco
- UP-tex conference on connected textiles, September 26, Lille
- G7 Conference, Turin, September 25, Turin
- OCDE Expert Workshop, October 2, Copenhagen
- Outsell's Signature Event, October 4, Boston
- France is AI, October 6, Paris
- Reavie Data for Insurance Conference, October 12, Cannes
- European Big Data Value Forum, November 22, Versailles
Dawex was mentioned in the Press numerous times in 2017 and our position as a leader in the data marketplace field was also pointed out in several publications and designated for new awards in 2017.
Citations by major technology research firms
March - Dawex mentioned in Forrester report, "Top performers commercialize data through insights services": "Players like Dawex provide a central source for data downloads or APIs with billing functions.""
March - Dawex cited in report by 451Research: "The ability to monetize the vast amounts of data that ordinary businesses generate is an ambition held by many companies. Dawex offers a mechanism to enable this to happen […]. Across industry businesses, both sellers and buyers of data must have confidence in the transactional process. The security and legality of that process is critical to building the reputation of a data marketplace, so it makes sense that this is the focus for Dawex, and, interestingly, this creates a point of differentiation from its competitors …" Read article
June - Dawex mentioned by Estonian Vision Paper for the European Union presidency, "as a trusted intermediary" [who can] "play an important role in the [...] access and portability rights for personal data."" ("Estonian Vision Paper on the Free Movement of Data - the Fifth Freedom of the European")
September - Dawex mentioned in "Infonomics" (p. 63), a book by Doug Laney, VP and Distinguished Analyst with Gartner.
Awards in 2017
June: Dawex wins pitch competition organized by Carrefour Group at Vivatech
June: Dawex joins Big Data Value Association (BDVA)
July: Dawex receives European Commission "Seal of Excellence H2020"
October: Dawex wins International Digital Trophies competition (IE-Club with Business France)
Stay tuned on the latest Dawex news on Twitter and Linkedin, and subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.