Industry Data Hub
Foster innovation, optimize operations and share data products with your data ecosystem
What is an Industry Data Hub?
An Industry Data Hub is a data ecosystem where several partner organizations decide to share or exchange data products for common business or industrial objectives.
The data assets that the participant organizations own have a collective value as they can, if exchanged, improve collectively business and industrial operations.
Data products can be shared as free commercial data through collective agreements, or commercialized as in a data marketplace model. Data providers can control their data products visibility and access rights, at all times.
An Industry Data Hub generally includes vertical business applications and processing environments that can easily interoperate with the Dawex Data Exchange technology.
What are the benefits of an Industry Data Hub?
The purposes of an Industry Data Hub can be manifold, including for example:
- CO2 and CSR achievements: Keep track of CO2 footprint in your organization’s value chain, manage CSR objectives and communicate to public stakeholders by exchanging data products with suppliers and partners
- Optimization of operations and customer experience: Foster coordination, improve user experience, develop new products and services by exchanging operations data products with organizations participating in your market
- Supply chain optimization: Cooperate with tier-1 to N suppliers by exchanging, in trust, detailed supply chain information
- Smart cities’ building information modeling acceleration: Improve the management and maintenance of buildings or town infrastructure by sharing data products with stakeholders
- Digital twins efficiency: Boost digital twins performance or the pertinence of territorial/infrastructure digital mappings, by extending the scope and range of data feeding the models
- Sector data control and integration: Facilitate information circulation by fostering trusted data exchanges within your sector or sub-sector, & make sure the value of the data is captured by the ecosystem and benefits all participants.
The benefits of an Industry Data Hub are mainly operational for the participants, with significant impacts on operations and sales efficiency. Additionally, a data hub orchestrator can establish a profitable business model to cover the cost of operations, and create a data marketplace sub-model to provide direct revenues to the participants.
Interested in building an Industry Data Hub?
Data exchange is more and more in the agenda of organizations. To explore how to develop a thorough data exchange strategy and implement a Data Exchange Platform, get guidance from Dawex experts.
The orchestrator is the legal entity that manages the Industry Data Hub, including participants’ recruitment, onboarding and vetting. It sets the business model regulating the platform, enforces compliance, security and trust policies, manages operations and monitoring.
Data providers and data acquirers are partner organizations of the Industry Data Hub, that agree to the governance rules and exchange data products based on predefined use cases.
Depending on the Industry Data Hub model, any type of organizations can participate such as suppliers, customers, service providers, logisticians, public organizations, shareholders, consulting or financial institutions.
Successful Industry Data Hubs implementations
From industry-specific to business-focused data exchanges, our community of clients leverages Dawex Data Exchange technology to meet their respective objectives.